Here are a few pictures of the nursery, too - the swing beside the crib is actually going downstairs once we have something other than a cat to put in it, haha. It actually turns into a bouncer and toddler seat, too. I love it! (click pics to enlarge)
And now for my 39-week update:
How far along? 39 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 38 lbs. Sigh. (Part of that is actually residual swelling from slacking kidney function, which makes me feel a LITTLE better....)
Maternity clothes? Since I rarely leave the house these days, it's more typically wife beaters and yoga pants
Stretch marks? A few on my hips and such, but surprisingly not on this huge belly
Sleep: What is that?
Maternity clothes? Since I rarely leave the house these days, it's more typically wife beaters and yoga pants
Stretch marks? A few on my hips and such, but surprisingly not on this huge belly
Sleep: What is that?
Best moment this week: I know it's gross, but losing my mucous plug has been super exciting to me
Movement: Still constant - which I appreciate in terms of kick counts, but baffles me: I have no idea how she still has room to move in there! My stomach is so tight the skin is SHINY.
Food cravings: Nothing; pretty much everything makes me feel nauseous at this point
Gender: Two renal ultrasounds this week have still said she's "probably" a girl.... bah
Labor Signs: Sadly less than when I was on pre-term labor meds - but contrax are more intense when they do happen, and are the "real" (non-Braxton Hicks) kind; loss of mucous plug over the course of the week (even a little bloody at one point - but no more progress); nausea; lots of pressure; still only about 1cm dilated... lots of signs, but nothing that necessarily denotes immediate labor, unfortunately
Movement: Still constant - which I appreciate in terms of kick counts, but baffles me: I have no idea how she still has room to move in there! My stomach is so tight the skin is SHINY.
Food cravings: Nothing; pretty much everything makes me feel nauseous at this point
Gender: Two renal ultrasounds this week have still said she's "probably" a girl.... bah
Labor Signs: Sadly less than when I was on pre-term labor meds - but contrax are more intense when they do happen, and are the "real" (non-Braxton Hicks) kind; loss of mucous plug over the course of the week (even a little bloody at one point - but no more progress); nausea; lots of pressure; still only about 1cm dilated... lots of signs, but nothing that necessarily denotes immediate labor, unfortunately
Belly Button in or out? Still in, though super flat. And bruisy.
What I miss: Laying on my right side - kidney swelling on that side has banned that.
What I miss: Laying on my right side - kidney swelling on that side has banned that.
What I am looking forward to: Finally going into to real labr, and meeting this precious baby at last! I am dying here.
Weekly Wisdom: No matter how much I want this baby out, it is NOT up to me, and she is obviously staying in utero for a reason - patience is a virtue I am struggling to grasp at this point!
Milestones: All the labor signs, whether they "start" the real thing or not; it' so amazing to see your body do exactly what it should to prime for delivery!
Weekly Wisdom: No matter how much I want this baby out, it is NOT up to me, and she is obviously staying in utero for a reason - patience is a virtue I am struggling to grasp at this point!


No comments:
Post a Comment