1) After a touch-and-go last week of uncertainty, I passed the three-hour GT test!! (Yes...that means I failed the first one; sigh....BUT:) No gestational diabetes!!!!
2) Niagara Falls, while exhausting, was wonderful. Drew and I got some much-needed alone time, and it was such a special way to celebrate our third anniversary. Pictures to come as soon as I do a little editing.
3) I am officially in the third trimester, and have begun every-two-week appointments. I actually scheduled all of my remaining appointments (through 41 weeks, assuming I'll need that many) due to the tendency for the appts to fill up so quickly/my fairly restrictive teaching schedule. Kind of scary, but also amazing: I only have a maximum of nine appointments left!
4) My smart board was installed in my classroom! Woo hoo for being technologically up to date! :) I can't wait to play around with it.
5) Drew and I *may* finally be heading toward an agreement on the baby's name. This has been a frustrating process, as he is VERY opinionated about names and once he gets it in his head he wants something like this, it is hard to change... even though I wasn't completely sold on his #1 choice. I'd love to share, but I think we are keeping it a surprise. :D
6) I met the new midwife at my OB/GYN practice, and she is awesome - very kind and extremely knowledgeable. One negative: she won't be delivering until after the first of the year. However, she does do the office visits, so I'm sure I'll still see her in the next few months. Also cool: the other two midwives haven't left, so there are now officially more of them than there are OBs at the practice. I also got definitive confirmation at my appointment today that they will not induce until about 41 weeks, which makes me pretty happy!
7) When we toured the maternity ward last night during our childbirth class, we not only got to visit with a woman who just had triplets the day before (~6 lbs each, too!) , but also with a woman who had literally given birth just over an HOUR before... and got their very candid and totally different birthing experiences. Seeing those babies just made me melt. I absolutely cannot wait until I am the one laying on that bed with the baby's hospital crib beside me!
More details/pictures to follow when I have more time!
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
What a great update - sounds like you are enjoying the pregnancy and are ready for baby to come soon!!! Can't wait to hear the name. It is SO HARD to pick a name. We're struggling with that at the moment, too. Hooray for the 3T! Congrats!
Post a Comment